Sunday, June 12, 2011

Savory Italian Rounds

My second most viewed recipe on this blog is 'Savory Italian Bread' so I thought I'd share another bread recipe that I like even better! This was a clipout recipe card I cut out of  a 1999 issue of Quick Cooking. I have made these lots of times and they are absolutely delicious! 

Savory Italian Rounds

Photo from Taste of Home
 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Dash onion salt
1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Separate biscuits and place on two ungreased baking sheets. Let stand for 5 minutes. Flatten biscuits into 4-in. circles. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each circle to within 1/2 in. of edge. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. 

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: