Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Honey Soy Marinade/Glaze

I can't even tell you how much I love this marinade. The smell of this marinade as your cooking it on the grill- UH-Mazing! If I knew the grill wouldn't burn the heck out of my tongue, I'd lick the grill as it was cooking as to  not waste a single drop of this stuff! If you hear about a woman with third degree burns on her tongue you'll know it was me!

I got this recipe from my cousin Krista over at Everyday Mom's Meals. Even before she had started her blog she had posted this winner on Facebook. I remember because I copied it down right away and I still have the scrap piece of paper I used to write it on. I use it several times throughout the summer.I use it for both chicken and pork. I have altered this a little, just to suit it to our taste, I omitted the horse radish and added brown sugar.

Honey Soy Marinade/Glaze

2/3 C Soy sauce
2/3 C honey
1/2 C canola oil
2 tsp steak seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c brown sugar

Combine in a small bowl and mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a Ziploc bag; add meat. Seal bag, turn to coat. Refrigerate 5-6 hours hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. When ready to grill, drain and discard used marinade. While grilling, baste frequently with reserved marinade.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: