Monday, May 23, 2011

Sticky Fingers Wraps

I have to admit that I have never heard of 'Wingers' so I don't know what their 'Sticky Fingers' are but I've come across this recipe a couple of times today and when I stopped to look at the picture then at the indrediants...yum-o! (can't belive I just said that- I can't stand that saying but it was the first thing that popped in my head). This is another great recipe I found over at Life as a Lofthouse. You should defintely check out her blog- she has some fantastic recipes. I'm sure I'll be posting some more of the ones that catch my eye that I want to try.

Sticky Fingers Wraps

Picture from:
Life as a Lofthouse.blogspot.com

6 Tbsp Franks Original Hot Sauce (no substitutes!)
3/4 C Brown Sugar 
4 Tbsp water
8 Breaded Chicken Fingers (you can get these from your grocery store deli, or buy them frozen)
4 Flour tortillas (burrito size)
2 C Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 C  tomatoes, chopped
2 C lettuce, chopped


Directions:  *If using frozen Chicken fingers, start by baking them in your oven according to package directions.
In a medium saucepan heat the hot sauce, brown sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is heated thoroughly. About 5-10 minutes.Place cooked chicken fingers in a large bowl. Pour in the sauce. Seal shut with the lid and shake to coat all chicken fingers with the sauce.
Place two sauce-coated chicken fingers onto the tortilla. Add desired amount of cheese, lettuce and tomatoe. Wrap up and serve!

Yield: 4 Servings


Tricia's reviews and tips- Pure deliciousness! Rather than chicken strips, I used popcorn chicken and it worked wonderful! At first I thought it was going to be super hot, but it wasn't. It had just the right amount of heat to sweet ratio.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I saw these today too, and like you had no idea what they were talking about but OMGosh, I have to make these! I can't wait to try them! I know for sure 4 won't be enough!!! LOL

Tricia @ Recipe Roundup said...

I know..4? They must be light eaters!