Monday, May 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

Unfortunately my husband is not a big sweet eater. I, on the other hand, could eat them all day long! Maybe it is fortunate for me that he is not because it keeps me from baking all the time. When I saw this recipe I knew I didn't care if he'd try it or not...I'm making it!! I'm thinking a gallon of milk may be necessary when eating this!


Picture from:
Nestle Toll House
 Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

1 unbaked, 9 inch crust,( 4 cup volume), deep dish pie crust
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup real butter, softened
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:  Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat eggs in a large bowl and beat on high speed until their foamy. ( about 1 minute)  Beat in flour, and both sugars. Beat in butter, and then stir in chocolate chips. Carefully spoon into the unbaked pie crust. Bake for 55 minutes. (check for doneness by inserting a knife halfway between center and edge and it comes out clean)  Let cool atleast 30 minutes to an hour before slicing! Serve with whipped cream or ice cream


Tricia's reviews and comments: I added 1 tsp of vanilla to batter and used milk chocolate chips rather than semi-sweet. It tasted like a huge chocolate chip cookie! It was rich but good. I am not a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies but if I was I could devour this in one sitting!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I did something similar to this. Check out my Valentines Day post! It was SO good. Totally addicting!