Monday, October 24, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds- Traditional & Sweet Spiced

Roasting pumpkin seeds is my favorite part of Halloween! It's been a tradition since I was little and one I continue today. My favorite memories of Halloween are my dad helping us carve the pumpkin then my mom helping us roast the seeds. 

 Below I have included the recipe I use for our traditional roasted pumpkin seeds. It comes out perfectly seasoned and crunchy every time. Last year  I began experimenting with a sweet version and came up with a sweet spiced version. I hope you enjoy both!


Traditional Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

 2 C fresh pumpkin seeds
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Rinse seeds and let dry overnight. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray foil with cooking spray. In a small bowl comine all ingrediants; spread onto prepared pan. Bake in preheated 225 degree oven for1 1/2 hours; sitrring occasionally.
Increase heat to 325 degrees and bake 5 minutes loger or until seeds are dry and lightly browned. Serve warm or cool before storing in an airtight container.
Sweet Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

2 C fresh pumpkin seeds
3 Tbsp butter, melte
1 Tbsp white sugar
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Follow directions above.
Enjoy!

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF


Happy Halloween!

No comments: