Sunday, October 16, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese w/ Bacon!

This is one of those recipes that you see and think, "Doh! Why didn't I think of that?!" I made them for lunch today and I think it's my husband's new favorite sandwich. They were soo good! I liked that they tasted just like a jalapeno popper without the frying.

I found this recipe on a blog hop and immediately pinned it to my Pinterest board. Have you started pinning? If not, you should definitely check it out. It's so awesome! You set up these virtual pin boards according to your interests: recipes, home, crafts, books, artwork, etc. As you are searching the internet and you find something that you want to try, remember, etc. you 'pin' it to your board on Pinterest so you have all of your favorite things in one location!

The recipe I used came from Mrs. Happy Homemaker. She has a photo tutorial with great pictures to go along with the recipe directions. I did alter my recipe a little. I cut the recipe in half and the quantities are reflected below. I  got four good sized sandwiches. I also added a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce. When I make jalapeno poppers I use it, so I added it to the sammie as well. In the words of Rachel Ray, " It's that thing that makes people go...Hmm...what is that?". It really does add just a little 'something' to it.




Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese w/ Bacon
adapted from: Mrs. Happy Homemaker

5 medium jalapenos
8 slices Texas Toast
4 oz. crem cheese, softened
1 C Mexican blend cheese, shredded
8 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
butter


Preheat oven broiler. Chop bacon into bite size pieces and fry over medium heat until crisp. Line baking sheet with foil and place peppers on foil. Broil for 3-4 mintues on each side, until pepper skin is charred. Remove from oven and immediately place in a plastic bag and seal. Let sit for approx 15 minutes. Remove from bag and peel of skins. Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and cut into bite-size pieces.

In a medium bowl combine shredded Mexian cheese, cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Fold in jalapenos. Spread mixture on four slices of bread and top with crumbled bacon. Butter top slice of bread and place on top of cheese/bacon mixture.

Melt butter in skillet and place sandwiches in skillet with non-butter side down. Once browned turn sandwices over to buttered side and cook until nicely browned.

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

Shared with these great blog parties: Church Supper, Melt In Your Mouth Monday