Monday, August 1, 2011

Coconut Pound Cake

This is what was baking in my kitchen today and my kitchen smelled fantastic! I found this recipe over at Mommy's Kitchen and liked that it used coconut milk, coconut extract and flaked coconut! Pound Cake typically does taste better the second or third day but I have to admit I couldn't wait and I tried a piece (or two, or three) today and it was delicious!

Coconut Pound Cake

1 C butter, softened
2 1/2 C granulated sugar
6  large eggs, room temp
3 C sifted cake flour (no substitutions)
1 C coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
2/3 - 3/4 C  flaked, sweetened coconut

Beat butter until creamy, gradually add sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla and coconut extract and blend. Add flour and coconut milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Add shredded coconut. Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake and bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in pan about 5minutes then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.

Shared with these great blogs: Everyday Mom's Meals, Simply Gourmet Photography, Mandy's Recipe BoxThe Saturday Evening Post, Lady Behind the Curtain, Lark's Country Heart, It's A Keeper, Something Swanky, Recipe Swap Thursday, Delicious Sweets, A Well-Seasoned Life

Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhis pound cake looks so inviting.The way it looks and loving coconut ,sure it tastes excelelnt as well;)

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

delicious sounding... The coconut milk must make this so sweet and moist... love this

Brandi said...

I am crazy about coconut and this looks very yummy!

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

This sounds delicious! I love coconut, so I'm going to bookmark this recipe!
Jo-Anna

Abby said...

I'm not a huge coconut fan, but it just feels so right in a pound cake. I think I'll make this, maybe using a mini bundt cake pan.

Tricia @ Recipe Roundup said...

Abby- the mini bundt pans is a fantastic idea!!

Unknown said...

My husband is going to be thrilled with this cake-he is crazy about everything coconut.

Happy new follower. Hope you find time to follow me in my little area of blog land :)

Renee Paj said...

I love coconut...and I know I would love this pound cake. I would have to practice portion size though! Looks delicious!

Kim McCallie said...

I'm a big pound cake lover so I have to stop what I'm doing whenever I see a recipe for pound cake. This looks and sounds delicious. Love that you used coconut milk in the recipe. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/08/sweet-indulgences-sunday-16.html

Janie said...

I'm actually making a pound cake tomorrow for a FRG meeting. I definitely want to try this one for sure though!