Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chicken Salad with Dried Cherries

This is the last post in the series of posts I have done regarding the use of the sour cherries I was recently given. So far I've made Cherry Pie, I've dried the cherries then rehydrated them and now I've made chicken salad with the addition of some of the rehydrated cherries. I usually add grapes to chicken salad but the cherries were a nice change. For the chicken I like to roast the chicken but this time, I used a rotisserie chicken.  This is my favorite chicken salad recipe. I hope you enjoy!



Chicken Salad with Dried Cherries
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

2 1/2 C diced,cooked chicken meat
1 C chopped celery
1 c sliced, dried cherries
1/2 C toasted pecans
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
1 C mayonnaise
1/4 C heavy whipping cream

In a medium bowl, whip cream to soft peaks. In a seperate bowl combine meat, celery, cherries, pecans, parsley, salt, and mayonnaise. Then fold in whipped cream. Chill prior to serving.


3 comments:

laurie said...

I have enjoyed your posts on cherries. This salad sounds so good!

Ali said...

Happy Monday! I wanted to thank you for sharing this delicious recipe at Recipe Sharing Monday. The new party is now up and I'd love for you to link up again :)

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.