Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crunchy Broccoli Slaw

I have had this recipe for some time. I don't remember where I originally obtained it from but I see different versions of it quite often. This is my version which I have done by combining several recipes into one. I like to toast the almonds and the Ramen Noodles. Toasting the Ramen Noodles gives them such a nutty flavor- I like to eat them right out of the pan! If you have never seen broccoli slaw mix, it is usually located with the bagged salads mixes and coleslaw mixes.

Crunchy Broccoli Slaw

1 Bag broccoli slaw mix
1 Package Chicken Ramen Noodles
1 Bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 C sunflower seeds
1/2 C sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 C canola oil
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C red wine vinegar
Ramen Noodles seasoning packet

In a skillet over medium heat toast almonds until light brown and fragrant. Remove from pan to prevent burning and set aside. Crush Ramen Noodles, remove seasoning packet and set aside. In same skillet place Ramen Noodle pieces over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.

In a small bowl combine canola oil, brown sugar, vinegar and Ramen Noodles seasoning packet. Place broccoli slaw in another bowl and mix in onions. Add oil/vinegar mixture and stir well to coat. This can be done ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. Right before serving stir in almonds, Ramen Noodle pieces and sunflower seeds.

Shared at: Lady Behind The Curtain

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thank You So MUCH for joining me last week for Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow and share more of your recipes with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

Krista said...

Thanks for sharing cuz! Hope to see you at this week's Church Supper too! Love ya