Monday, June 6, 2011

No Roll Pie Crust

I admit I've never tried this recipe. Not because I haven't wanted to but simply because I forgot about it. It was on the bottom of my recipe box. By the looks of it, it's been in there a while. I don't remember where I got this recipe from but would be willing to bet it was an old Taste of Home issue.  No rolling and you mix the crust in the pie plate and press it! How could I have forgot this?

No Roll Pie Crust

1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C canola oil
3 Tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 375. Put all ingrediants into a 9 inch pie pan. Push the pastry up the sides and form a nice edge with your thumb and finger. Prick the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling of the pastry during baking. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until nicely browned. Let cool before adding the filling.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: