Monday, June 6, 2011

Bumble Berry Pie

Can you tell I'm cleaning out the 'pie' section of my recipe box? Yet another recipe I have not tried. I remember clipping this because I loved the name but didn't understand what bumble berry had to do with the apples, rasperries, blueberries and rhubarb that are in the pie! Well, I did some reasearch and found that Bumble Berry is a term used mixed berries. It all makes sense now!

Bumble Berry Pie

2 pie crusts for 9 inch pie
1 1/4 C white sugar
1/3 C flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 C thinly sliced baking apples
1 C fresh raspberries
1 C fresh blueberries
1 C fresh rhubarb cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 egg white mixed with 1 tbsp water

Preheat oven to 350. Sift sugar, flour and cinnamon together. In a separate bowl, mix together the fruit. Add the dry mixture, tossing well but gently to mix. Pour into prepared pie shell, cover with remaining pie crust. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with a small amount of sugar. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Best served warm.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: