Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lemon Cooler Cookies

Do you remember Sunshine Lemon Cooler Cookies? I first had them at my grandparents house and remember in the summer when I went there they would be the first thing I'd look for in the cupboard when I got there. My grandmother is known for her cookie baking so for her to have a boxed cookie you know they have to be good! I found this recipe over at Recipe Zaar (food.com now).

Lemon Cooler Cookies

1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C shortening
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 C cake flour
1/4 tsp Koolaid unsweetened lemonade mix
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp water

Lemon Powdered Sugar:


1 C powdered sugar 
1/4 tsp kool aid unsweetened lemonade mix

 Preheat oven to 325°.   In a large bowl, cream together: sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla and salt.
 Add the flour and baking powder and lemonade mix. Add 1 Tbsp of water and continue mixing until dough forms a ball.  Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light brown.  While cookies bake combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade powder.  Remove cookies from the oven  and roll in powdered sugar mixutre. Let cool them roll again in powdered sugar. 


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: