Monday, June 6, 2011

Citrus Dressing for Fruit Salad

This is another great dressing for fruit salad. We eat A LOT of fruit and I like to change it up a bit so I have several dressings that I use. Don't get me wrong, we like a plain ol' fruit sald just as much! This is the perfect recipe if you are taking a salad to a picnic because it keeps the fruit from turning brown! The original recipe called for 1/3 cup of sugar but I thought that was too much so I only added 2 Tbsp and I thought that was plenty.
 
Citrus Dressing
Modified from: Allrecipes

4 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
2 Tbps sugar
1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbps lemon juice
Assorted fresh fruit

In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool. Serve over fruit. Leftover dressing may be refrigerate for up to 1 week.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: