Wednesday, May 18, 2011

French Onion Soup Mix

I use French Onion Soup Mix in a lot of recipes. I use it for dip, pot roast, meatloaf and many other recipes and constantly seem to be buying it. I have a sensitivity to MSG and learned that a popular brand has this in it so I decided to find a recipe and make my own mix to keep on hand. Let me just tell you that this is fantastic!!

French Onion Soup Mix

3/4 C minced onion
1/3 C beef bouillon powder
4 tsp onion powder
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingrediants and store in airtight container. 5 Tbsp = 1 1/4 oz package.

1 comment:

Tricia @ Recipe Roundup said...

Yep, it sure is the dry minced onion. I love having this on hand because if we have left over sour cream I can just add a couple teaspoons (or to taste) and make a dip. I can't tell you the last time I bought the brand name of this!!