Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sliced Baked Potato

This is another recipe that was sent to me as a preview to order the monthly recipe cards. I've had it for about 8 years now. I've made it a couple of times. I like to make it with steak as a change-up for the standard baked potato. I like to use garlic, parsley and chives. I also like to sprinkle some bacon on them right before serving.

Sliced Baked Potato

 Medium even potatoes
1 tsp Salt
2-3 tbsp Melted butter
2-3 tbsp Chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, thyme or sage
4 tbsp Grated Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese

Peel potatoes if skin is tough. Otherwise, just scrub and rinse them. Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through. Use handle of a spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way. Put potatoes in a baking dish and fan them slightly. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with herbs. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft on the inside. Check with a fork.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: