Monday, December 12, 2011

Pan Coating- Day 13 of The 100-Day Countdown to Christmas

I don't know about all of you but I've been baking up a storm. With the exception of one failed pound cake it's been going very well.  One of the issues with my pound cake was it stuck to the pan then crumbled into pieces when I tried to remove it. So I thought I would change things up a bit today and provide you with a tip for your holiday baking.

I was browsing around the internet and found a recipe for a pan coating. The reviews for it were great. Most said, they would never again buy cooking spray. Some reviewers say they've been  using this pan coating for years.

You know that brown build-up you get on your pans after using the spray? That's from the propellent used in the canned sprays and you won't get that any more when using this mix! This can be used for cooking and baking. If a recipe calls for a pan to be greased and floured I would suggest to flour it also (even thought there is flour in this mix).

This only has three ingredients, can be stored in your pantry and has a long shelf life. With that info, and my failed pound cake I couldn't wait to give it a try! I did and I loved it! I made the pound cake again, with complete success!




Pan Coating
from: Food. Com

1/2 C Canola or Vegetable Oil
1/2 C Crisco (regular or butter flavor)
1/2 C flour

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until mixture has increased in volume  and resembles marshmallow creme.

Store in airtight container. Can be stored at room temperature but in hot weather it may be refrigerated. Mixture may seperate a little upon standing. Mix prior to using. Spread onto pan or baking sheet using pastry brush or paper towel.

No comments: