Friday, December 16, 2011

Eggnog Pound Cake- Day 9 of the 100-Day Countdown to Christmas

I am not a fan of eggnog. However, last Christmas someone had given my grandmother some and we were trying to come up with an idea of how to use it. We decided on cookies (any one who knows my grandmother would know that was no surprise!) The cookies were so good!

So this year when the holiday season approached and eggnog was on the shelves of the grocery stores again, I began racking my brain for another idea. This time I decided on poundcake. I did find a recipe for it and tried it and it was an epic fail. So I decided to try it again, my way. It's similar to the original recipe found here but with my changes.

I have a recipe for a pound cake that is superior but it is rather heavy. I wanted a lighter texture so I decided to stick with the boxed mix. Besides, who doesn't like a little shortcut?!

I am having this as part of my Christmas morning brunch. According to the original recipe it's great toasted!


Eggnog Pound Cake

1- 16 oz. pkg Pound Cake Mix
3/4 C Eggnog
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease and flour bundt pan.( I used my pan coating mix found here and it worked super!) Beat cake mix, eggnog, eggs, butter, nutmeg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at low speed until well mixed then beat on medium speed for 2 mintues. Batter will be thick. Pour into prepared  bundt pan. Bake for 38-43 mintues or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 mintues. Invert on to wire rack and cool completely.

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF


No comments: