Monday, September 19, 2011

Mocha Bundt Cake- Happy 8th Anniversary, Honey!

I am a day late and a dollar short with this post. Our anniversary is 9/18 but we had a busy weekend so I didn't get around to making the cake until today.

My husband and I were marriend 8 years ago in Gatlinburg, Tennessee in a beautiful log cabin wedding chapel. The service was very small and very intimate, just the way we wanted it. As I told him yesterday, "My dreams would still be dreams if it wasn't for him". Our marriage announcement had a sentiment on it that is still perfect 8  years later: " Your the one I laugh with, live for, dream with and love".



Upon returning home a co-worker of my husband, who happens to also be a very good friend of ours had a reception of-sorts for us. One of the desserts was this Mocha Bundt Cake. We both really enjoyed it and I've made it every year since on our anniversary (except this year, because it's a day late!) Warning, it has alcohol in the cake and in the glaze so it's not one for the kiddos! My son loves to lick the beaters (yes, I allow him. I used to and I'm still alive!) so I try to make this cake when he's not home because he can't lick the beaters and he doesn't understand why.


Mocha Bundt Cake

1 pkg white cake mix (without pudding)
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1 C vegetable or canola oil
2/3 C vodka
1/3 C Kahlua
1/4 C water

Glaze:

1/4 C Kahlua
1/4 C powdered sugar

Grease and flour a bundt pan, shaking out excess flour. Combine all cake ingredients and beat with electric mixer or stand mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 40-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then invert cake onto wire rack. Place cookie sheet under wire rack to catch glaze drippings.

Blend the Kahlua and water until sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth. Drizze slowly and evenly over warm cake. Use all of the glaze until it is completely soaked into the cake. Let cool, then dust with powdered sugar.


Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anervisary! And lovely cake to go with it.:)

Michael Ann said...

This sound delicious! Happy Anniversary! I love the Christmas Countdown idea too! I will join up as it gets closer and I start putting more Christmas recipes on my blog.

I really enjoy your blog and want to give you an award!! Come visit me at The Big Green Bowl for details, and congratulations!