Here are a couple of tips for raising bread dough. It can be tricky if not kept at a constant temp.
1. Set bowl on a warming tray.
2. Set bowl over a crockpot turned to high and filled with 2-3 cups of water
3. Place a couple cups of water into a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave for 45 seconds or until the water is slightly bubbly and the microwave is full of humidity. Place bread in and the warm humid microwave will help the bread to rise.
Have trouble with the cover sticking to the bread dough then deflating the dough after removing it? Well, here are a couple of tips for that as well....
1. Spray plastic wrap with cooking spray before covering.
2. Use a clean (unused) shower cap. The elastic holds securly to the bowl and you can place it so the dough will not touch it after it has raised so there is no need for it to be greased!