Thursday, June 9, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs

I found this recipe at Food.com and thought it would be a great dish to take to picnics this summer. I'm going to make a couple of  changes to the original recipe. It calls for donut holes to be used but I'm going to substitue pound cake!!I also will use milk chocolate chips.

Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs

Picture from Food.Com
12 medium fresh strawberries, stems removed
12 doughnut holes
6 (8 inch) wooden skewers
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons margarine 
1/4 cup white vanilla chips
2 teaspoons margarine

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Alternately thread 2 strawberries and 2 doughnut holes on each skewer.  You can  use the microwave for the following steps to melt the chocolate/margarine, but use lower heat and watch carefully to avoid burning. Only need to microwave about 1 minute or less and check throughout, stopping when just melted. Drizzle over kabobs  In another bowl, combine vanilla chips and remaining 2 teaspons margarine; microwave until just melted, stirring until smooth and well blended. Drizzle over kabobs and chocolate. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.


Recipe shared with:

'Melt in Your Mouth Monday' at Make Ahead Meals for busy Moms
'Sweets for a Saturday' at Sweet as Sugar Cookies

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Krista said...

You know what else might be super yummy on these? That Magic Shell stuff for ice cream!!!! OMGosh, the harden chocolate on them would be great!

Lisa said...

I saw this on These Chicks Cooked. So cute and I can imagine how fun this would be to eat. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd stop by and link your kabobs up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-23.html

Unknown said...

These look awesome! What a fabulous idea to use for a summer party!!!!

Thanks for visiting me at Imitation by Design! I look forward to reading more of your recipes. I'm drooling over your pics!!

Riyanna Lopez said...

Oh goodness, what a drool worthy version of strawberry shortcake! Thanks for sharing.

Riyanna
Believe it, Atlantic Highlands NJ house cleaning click here