Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawberry Cobbler

I had some strawberries to use up and found this recipe at Allrecipes.com. I think this is one of my  new favorite desserts, it is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! I put milk on mine, just like I do my shortcake, but it would be great with cool whip too.

My only suggestion with this is to follow the directions carefully so you don't end up with a soupy cobbler. I used the full cup of water but added 1 1/2 Tbsp-2 Tbsp of Cornstarch. Make sure to cook it until it is super thick..it will get there, even if it seems like it's taking a while! Also, be sure to stir constantly.

Strawberry Cobbler

Picture from Allrecipes.com
 1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup water
3 cups strawberries, hulled
2 tablespoons butter, diced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
  2. Combine sugar, cornstarch, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and hot. Stir in strawberries, and remove from heat. Pour mixture into the baking dish, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
  3. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in cream. Mixture should be fairly soft. Spoon on top of berries.
  4. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.

Shared with:  'Potluck Recipe Roundup' at Gooseberry Patch , '4th of July Picnic at Everyday Mom's Meals, 'Melt in your Mouth Monday' at Make Ahead Meals for Busy MomsLovely Little Snippets, Lady Behind the Curtin, Delicious Sweets

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Believe it or not, I only recently made my first cobbler (peach) now I am collecting all things cobbler for when i can get the fruit on sale

Looks amazing, terrific photos

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! I have strawberries in my fridge just waiting to be used up on something, why not something that blows my mind? Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

Oh right! I saw this at Deelicious Sweets! Haha, I should have mentioned that. I'm glad I managed to find your recipe here!