Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Savory Italian Bread

I have had this recipe card in my box for about 7 years and have made it several times. It was a card that was sent to me in the mail - one of those that they send you some free ones so you buy a subscription that they send them to you every month or so. I never ordered the subscription but I got three great recipes from them!

Savory Italian Bread

1 medium loaf Italian bread
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon onion salt

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut bread to but not through the bottom into 12 slices. Place on a baking sheet.Combine Parmesan, mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder, oregano and onion salt in a small bowl and mix well. Spread the mixture between slices and over top of bread. Bake bread until golden, about 12 minutes.

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Krista said...

This reminds me a little of the "olive bread" I've made a couple times. Did you see it?