Monday, May 23, 2011

Mom's Sour Cream Potatoes

This is a recipe I got from my mom many years ago. This is our go to potato dish for ham and BBQ ribs.  I love the fact that you can make them ahead of time and bake them when ready. It's fine to refrigerate until ready to bake, but I suggest bringing back to room temp before placing in the oven. I have used this recipe and made 'loaded mashed potatoes' by blending in dried chives. Then adding shredded cheese and crumbled bacon to the top..they were good too!

Mom's Sour Cream Potatoes

5 pounds potatoes
1 stick butter
1 C sour cream
8 oz cream cheese softened

 Peel potatoes and cook. When tender, mash but DO NOT add milk. Add butter, sour cream and cream cheese. Beat with mixer until light and fluffy. Place into a greased 9X13 baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

No comments: