Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crayon Muffins

I can't remember which site I intitally found this on but when I found it I wrote it down because my son is going to be starting pre-school in the Fall and I thought this would be a great gift idea for the kids. The site I initially found this on had made them in heart shapes with the silicone muffin pans and wrapped them in colored bags. I've also read to use mini-muffin pans, which is what I will use, unless I find a shaped silicone pan. Either way, what a geat way to use up all of those broken crayon pieces!

Crayon Muffins 

Muffin pan
Broken Crayons
Foil muffin liners or regular liners stacked three deep

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put muffin liners in pan. Remove paper from crayons and fill muffin cups about 1/2 full with the broken crayon pieces. Place pan in oven and watch carefully. When crayons have melted, remove pan from oven. If you wish, for a swirl effect, use a toothpick to swirl the colors together. Be careful the wax is VERY hot!!  Let cool then remove from liners.

** you can mix the colors or match the 'like' colors (blue + green, red + pink, orange + yellow, etc. )

No comments: